Launching a dropshipping business is the first step in starting a business. You will be able to sell products to customers, set your own product prices, and market your own brand. You don’t even have to pay for the inventory until it is sold to actual customers. If you are willing to put in the work, you can build a successful brand.
How to Start Dropshipping for Free
Here are 5 simple steps to start dropshipping for free. Besides the free steps, you will also learn some paid services that you can consider to grow and promote your dropshipping business. You can plan according to the budget and time you want to spend on your dropshipping business.
Decide on your niche and product
One of the first things you should do to start your online dropshipping business is to identify your niche market and products. It’s worth taking the time to do niche research on your target market.
For inspiration on finding the right niche and products, you can check out the best-selling products on AliExpress. On AliExpress, you are able to browse through some of the best-selling products. They may include all categories and each one will give you some inspiration.
Find Reliable Suppliers
The suppliers you should use to discover your products now that you know what to sell. Alibaba offers the largest directory of qualified suppliers. Most of them are in China and their prices are incredibly low. You can choose the most suitable supplier for your online store.
Ready to get your
Efficient service provider
Set up Your Free Online Store
It is time for the critical part, setting up your online store. This process includes designing your store, homepage, and store images, adding products to your store, setting up payment methods, adding checkout, and shipping settings, as well as purchasing a domain name, and opening your store to accept orders.
Speaking of cost, you can indeed get a free online store if you have the skills to build one for yourself. Otherwise, you will have to pay for your website and hosting.
Start Marketing Your Products
There are three top marketing strategies to get more sales rolling in.
- SEO – SEO is for ” Search Engine Optimization” and you should optimize it so that your online store website can rank higher in Google search results and ultimately get more traffic.
- Social Media – Pick the right social media channels for your business, in other words, not all products or stores should be promoted on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. You should choose the most appropriate social media for your products.
- Email marketing – As the name implies, email marketing means you can send emails about your latest new product launch or your discount campaign. It is a powerful and cost-effective way to attract and reach your customers. For more details, you can check out the article “What is Email Marketing”.
How to Start a Dropshipping Business on Amazon
By selling on Amazon, you can enjoy some of the traffic without spending marketing dollars.
Following the 3 Steps
- Create a Seller Account
You should always have the following information ready before setting up an Amazon seller account.
- Phone number
- Bank account number and bank routing number
- Internationally chargeable credit card
- Proof of identity, such as Government issued national ID, driver’s license, or national passport
- Tax information
- Find a Profitable Product
The next step is to find a product that you can sell. The success of your business depends heavily on the type of product you sell. And the last thing you want is for your product to end up with no one willing to buy it. Therefore, you need to choose products that are in high demand and have little competition. To see how well a product is doing on Amazon, it is important that you check its sales rank or Best Seller Rank (BSR). You can search for a product on AMZ and open the product page for one of the items in the search results. Just scroll down to the product details/information section of the product page and you will find the BSR there.
- Find a supplier
After you have decided on the product or shortlist of products you want to sell, the next step is to find a supplier that allows dropshipping and is trustworthy. The selection of a supplier is an important task because you don’t want someone to deliver substandard products or not fulfill orders on time.
After you have decided on the product or shortlist of products you want to sell, the next step is to find a supplier that allows dropshipping and is trustworthy. The selection of a supplier is an important task because you don’t want someone to deliver substandard products or not fulfill orders on time. This is where you can view dropship suppliers on AliExpress. While AliExpress is a business-to-consumer e-commerce site, many AliExpress sellers offer drop shipping services. As a result, small businesses use the platform as a drop-shipping network.
- Create a product listing on Amazon
With the products you now have to sell and the vendors to fulfill your orders, the next step is to create a listing.
Sign in to your Seller Central account, click on the drop-down menu for Inventory, and select “Add Products”. When the “Add Products” page appears, select “Create a new product listing”.
How Amazon Dropshipping Works
Dropshipping on Amazon is just like dropshipping on any other platform. There is only one difference: sellers list items for sale on the Amazon marketplace. When the customer makes a purchase, the seller sends the customer’s order information to their reseller supplier. The supplier then ships the product directly to the customer.
The supplier is responsible for manufacturing the product, storing and maintaining the inventory, and fulfilling the customer’s order. Sellers, on the other hand, manage the online store by taking care of every customer-related function, such as receiving orders, forwarding them to suppliers, and handling customer service.
Does Amazon Allow Dropshipping
Dropshipping is allowed by Amazon as long as you comply with the conditions set forth in its dropshipping policy.
The following forms of dropshipping are strictly prohibited on the platform:
- Purchasing a product from another online retailer and allowing that retailer to ship the order directly to the customer (and shipping it without identifying you as the seller of record).
- Include packing slips, invoices, external packaging, or other relevant information that has the name or contact information of a seller other than you.
These are the requirements you should follow if you want a drop-shipping vendor to ship your order on your behalf.
- You should be the seller of record. All packing slips, invoices, external packaging, and other relevant information should identify you as the seller. Vendors should not be identified at all.
- You should get rid of any packing slips, invoices, external packaging, or other information that identifies a third party on behalf of the shipper before the order is shipped.
- You should be the one to accept and process customer returns.
- Be in compliance with the terms of the seller’s agreement and other applicable policies.
If you want to start a dropshipping business or would like to know more about our dropshipping service, get in touch with our team today.