What Is a Sourcing Agent?
Sourcing agents are on-the-ground partners of e-commerce entrepreneurs seeking better quality, price, TAT, or all of the above in their business. Typically, they are located in the city/country where you are sourcing your products. They offer a range of services, from individual product inspection to tax-paid shipping. Think of them as your local partner, they will be your eyes and ears.
What Are the Benefits of a Sourcing Agent?
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced dropshipper, whether you own a small business or a large corporation, using a sourcing agent is always a good idea. Here are some of the advantages of working with a sourcing agent.
Find the right suppliers
The first step in establishing an e-commerce business is to find a reliable supplier in an overseas country. Do you know a supplier in that country? Do you speak the local language? What is the quality and productivity of the supplier’s products? Any supplier can create a fancy website, but consistently delivering the quality and timelines he promises is another matter.
The best sourcing agents will take these concerns off your mind and they will communicate with the supply in a timely manner. Cultural gaps become non-existent, time zones are no longer an issue, and you’ll get timely updates in your inbox every morning.
Based on past experience, to pick a product you talk to at least 5-10 suppliers and you filter them based on many parameters and conditions to determine which product you want to buy.
But what if you have a store with 200 products? Do you have enough time and energy to contact more than 1,000 suppliers? This is where a sourcing agent comes in and makes your work easier. All you need to do is to make your purchase request and the sourcing agents will help you pick the most suitable ones from hundreds of suppliers in a few days’ time, the sourcing agents will send you multiple product quotes to your email.
This will allow you to focus more on your business, which is your core competency and the thing you should focus on most.
There are sourcing agents who are very skilled in finding suppliers for specific industries. A sourcing agent with the right network of suppliers is invaluable. If you have specific product requirements, it is in your best interest to work with a sourcing agent who has industry-related expertise.
In addition to sourcing, quality control, production follow-up, and shipping, a sourcing agent can provide:
- A private label or product design
- Custom packaging with logo and branding
- Provision of product photography and video
- Provision of product Inspection service
How To Find the Best Sourcing Agents?
Search on Google
One of the easiest ways to find a sourcing agent for dropshipping in China is to do a Google search. Simply type dropshipping agent, top dropshipping agent, or top dropshipping sourcing agent into the search box and click through. For each of these keywords, you will receive millions of results.
Observe which names appear at the top of the first page, millions of shippers have taken advantage of the best shipper agent solutions and therefore their higher rankings are relatively reliable.
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, and if you’re not looking on YouTube, then you may be missing some useful leads. There is a good chance that you will see a procurement person speaking in one of the videos, and these can give you a very enlightening idea.
Join Facebook Sourcing Agent Groups
You can find sourcing agents in the Facebook group. There are many sourcing agents. You can use the keywords “sourcing agent/ sourcing supplier” to search for the group, and then apply to join.
Recommendations from friends
Good word-of-mouth referrals are the easiest way to find a reliable sourcing agent. If you have friends or colleagues who have built successful e-commerce businesses and work with a sourcing agent they trust, then you can greatly reduce the time it takes to find a reliable sourcing agent.
Explore sourcing agents on Fiverr/Upwork/Freelancer
Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr are platforms for freelancers and company owners to advertise their services in order to grow their business and receive more orders. Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr are more popular than other social networking sites because you can immediately see their prices, work experience, and history.
What Should Consider before Working with a Sourcing Agent?
Now, if you are looking for a sourcing agent for your store, this is something you need to consider when picking a sourcing agent.
A good sourcing agent will keep you informed and keep you informed of new updates. They will do their best to help you get the best results and grow your business. Transparency is a key element of professionalism and effective communication. Without transparency, there is a high risk of conflict later on.
How do you know a sourcing agent will have the knowledge and network to source products for dropshipping? Well, you can check their experience in this field. Check out the agent’s profile and read customer reviews or case studies. You will be able to know if they have a proven track record to understand your business and give you professional advice.
Customer service team
Without good customer care, the sourcing agent will never be a good agent. They should have a highly supportive customer service team that helps customers as soon as issues arise to ensure a smooth process.
Recommend a Reliable Sourcing Agent You Can Work With
HonestFulphilment specializes in providing one-stop drop shipping services for online e-commerce businesses around the world. They may offer custom packages at low prices and use fast shipping methods to get your purchases delivered on time, from sourcing to packaging to delivery.
- We are on the ground in China, with a team fully employed and operating within Honest FulPhilment. We do not outsource any roles and do everything in-house.
- All support is in clear and concise English, from customer service agents and account managers who are qualified and knowledgeable in sourcing and logistics
- An accumulation of 1000s of suppliers and factories, all at our fingertips!
- You won’t find any other agent in China who is transparent in communication and pricing. We have a glass door company ethos, hence our brand name!
- We are founded by people who actually sourced, branded, developed, and manufactured their own products! Our humble beginnings allowed us to live the life and journey you’re no doubt currently experiencing – allowing us to comprehend your past, present, and even future product sourcing requirements in a heartbeat.
- We invest heavily in tech, developing our own in-house software to make your product sourcing easier, more efficient, and as cost-effective as possible. We are always adding new features, innovating, and improving from customer feedback.
- We have a range of eCommerce fulfillment services available that work in cohesion to give you the best solution possible. Our service helps you with your product branding, logistics, quality control, assembly, marketing, and storage, making Honest FulPhilment your one-stop shop for all things eCommerce fulfillment.
Remember, the more time you spend, the more likely you are to find a sourcing agent that is a great match for your business. Hope this guide can help you find a reliable sourcing agent faster! If you need a free fulfillment strategy or sourcing agents, please contact us@Honestfulphilment.